Wednesday, 8 January 2014

SDC 130 Something New

It's my turn to set this week's ~{Stampotique Designer's Challenge}~

I am just a little bit nosey, so for this challenge, I'd like you to use something that Santa brought for you! Don't worry if you didn't get any stash, just use something that you recently bought for yourself. If you really want to, you could make something with the theme of something new too. Just make sure you enjoy making it.


I have made a journal page using a new die and with a new year theme. I'm not one of those people who goes mad for anything Tim Holtz does, but I really liked the die when I saw it earlier last year. I very nearly didn't get it because it was his design. Yes, I'm that stubborn!

I started off with a page where I had used up 'leftover' paints and went to town stamping and sticking and doodling. I used the following stamps:

~{Design Cube}~
~{Swirl Stalks}~
~{Fax to Wolfgang}~
and ~{Dreamer}~
I also used Tando's ~{Codebreaker Mask}~

I stamped {Dreamer} directly onto the page and used some white acrylic paint and watercolours to colour it in.

I printed out a quote and added my own journalling "I'm far too busy not doing last year's" because quite frankly, I write the same ones year after year and never achieve any of them. My craft stash is still a mess, I still have lots of things in my flat that need to go to charity or the rubbish, I still plan to be more organised and up to date with commenting on other blogs and I don't seem to be getting anywhere in the 'getting well again' stakes! I know I'm not alone!

Now you need to head over to the ~{SDC Blog}~ to see what this week's team have come up with. If you join in with us, following the rules, you will be in with the chance of winning one of two randomly drawn prizes of $30 to spend in the ~{Stampotique Store}~ at the end of the month. What a great start to the New Year!!

Kaz xxx

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous piece of work my lovely. Lots of HUGS coming your way xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page sweetie, beautifully done as always. Lol I'm with you on the Holtzy thing but also have to admit that I have a few Stampers Anonymous sets etc because I could not find anything similar to substitute, sigh!!!! Hmm thinking on that one they are not his designs anyway ha ha ha!!!!!!
    Sending you humongous, mahoosive hugs, hope you are feeling a bit better soon x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaz, I love your journal pages! I recently rediscovered my little hole reinforcement stickers and they've been finding their way onto lots of projects. Your circles remind me of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is awesome Kaz :)
    Wonderful

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and made me smile, Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page, great colours and made it me think of my own (non-existing) resolutions !! Haha….
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, Kaz, I love your challenge and had fun with it! Your humorous journal spread had me laughing--at how we both are approaching this year's resolutions! Not! Hazel is my new love, and I love that you have used her with humor. The best of both worlds! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your pages Kaz - and the sentiment too - I "don't think so" either! Love the colours and the doodles look fab and you made me smile with the "I nearly didn't get it because I'm so stubborn" bit - I know someone else just the same.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great challenge idea you set... Love your page !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Page Kaz and for the great challenge you have set. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, my one resolution is not to make any resolutions so I'm right there with you ;o) Fab page, love the Dreamer stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good Kaz - Love that Dreamer stamp.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun challenge Kaz and I absolutely LOVE your journalpage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the page and the resolution not to bother with resolutions! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to sleep in that bed with that awsome background around

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pages Kaz, and as for the resolutions I'm still eating chocolate and avoiding the gym :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you via the SDC blog, came over for a look & followed you:-)

    Agree about Mr T & his antics; have Fibromyalgia plus a couple of other complications and your post touched me, thank you!

    Looking forward to seeing & learning from you :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one Kaz, enjoyed reading this as well as looking at your artwork. Agree with you on so many points.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message x